Reunion Giving Officer
Posted August 3, 2011
Reporting to the Director of Development, the incumbent will create and implement a reunion giving program beginning with the fifth reunion class and emphasizing the 25th and 50th reunions. This program will seek to develop class giving through reunion cycles by identifying and cultivating leadership in classes and within schools.
- The incumbent will evaluate participation and giving, and will work closely with the Assistant Director of Annual Giving to maximize gift opportunities. The objective should be a program that embodies a unified approach to alumni to support the Annual Fund and, if appropriate, to contribute additional support.
- The incumbent will focus on cultivating prospects for major and principal gifts in reunion classes.
- In collaboration with the alumni relations staff and the Alumni Association, the incumbent will seek to develop volunteer leadership in each reunion class and assist, as necessary, in training volunteers.
- Working with the Vice President for Development and Director of Development the incumbent will develop dollar and participation goals for reunion classes, and create reports to evaluate performance of reunion class giving efforts at the major and principal gift levels.
- Three years of related development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with donor database software
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Background in higher education a plus
Department of Human Resources
The Cooper Union
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003