Congratulations and welcome to the Cooper community! We encourage you to take this time to get to know us better: join us Sunday, April 10, 2022 for Admitted Student Day; reach out to a Cooper student ambassador, and join the admitted student Facebook group.
There are a number of pertinent and time sensitive next steps. Please carefully review the below.
Respond to your Offer of Admission & Make your Deposit
1) Sign in to your applicant portal here and respond to your offer of admission. The portal also contains instructions and login credentials to view your financial aid awards.
2) Once you accept your offer of admission, a deposit link will appear. Submit your Non-refundable Deposit of $1,135.00 (undergraduate) $1,400 (graduate). This deposit represents the student fee and lab materials fee for the fall semester.
3) Set Up your CooperID
Set up your unique CooperID by following instructions here. Please be sure to activate this account as soon as possible, as you will receive important communications from Financial Aid, the Registrar, and Student Affairs through your cooper.edu email.
Admitted Students Day
- Save the date—Sunday, April 10, 2022. Details, including a schedule will be forthcoming. For now, please plan for 1 pm – 6:30 pm EST.
After Submitting your Deposit
International Students: Complete your I-20 Application
International students are required to submit an I-20 application. Instructions are available here.
When submitting your I-20 application, plan to complete it at least 4 months before coming into the U.S. The deadline to submit your I-20 application is June 1, 2022.
Discuss your Financial Aid
Make an appointment to meet with a member of the Financial Aid team to ask any question you may have regarding your aid.
First-Year Students: Apply for Housing
Students in their first year may elect to stay in our Student Residence Hall, located three minutes from campus. Applications for housing open March 1. Link to be shared once the application is live.
Submit your Final Transcripts
• Send an official copy of your final transcript from your high school and/or college, certifying your graduation and/or completion of college coursework by July 1, 2022.
• International Students: All official transcripts must be translated into English with the date of graduation clearly indicated. An official transcript includes a signature from a school official and a school stamp/seal.
Submit your Health Forms
• You must submit a record of a physical examination by your physician, a record of your immunizations, and a form regarding your meningitis status. All required forms can be located and completed in your applicant portal under the admitted student checklist tab. If you have questions or concerns about these forms, please contact Eric Conley in the office of student affairs at email@example.com. Please note, New York State requires proof of immunization from measles, mumps, and rubella before starting as a Cooper Union student. The Cooper Union requires all students be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they apply for a religious or medical exemption.
• While completing the health forms, students are encouraged to make contact with the dean of students, Chris Chamberlin, if they have specific questions about physical or mental health issues and/or disability accommodation services. Please email the dean of students at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Register for your Classes
First-year students are automatically registered for courses, and your schedule will be available in the self-service portal by August. Transfer students will be notified by their advisors.
Please read our deferral policy and requirements for seeking a deferral here.
Summer School 2022
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Again, welcome to the Cooper community. You will be joining alumni such as Daniel Arsham A'03, who was named Creative Director for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Arsham is the first artist to ever hold the title which typically goes to a pop culture icon. There is also recent graduate Nithi Subbaian EE'20, who co-founded Impactful, a platform and online community for sharing career opportunities in technology for social good. In accepting your place at Cooper, we are confident that you too will make substantive contributions at Cooper and beyond.