Transfer – Engineering
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Deadline: January 5
- Decision Notification: April 1
Preference is given to transfer applicants that have completed coursework similar to The Cooper Union's first-year program at another accredited college.
- Cooper Application, including essay and additional writing prompts
- 2 letters of recommendation with at least one from a STEM college instructor
- Your official high school transcript or GED certificate
- All official college transcripts (sent directly from the college or university)
- SAT/ACT (test optional)
- English language proficiency test (if applicable)
- $75 application fee or fee waiver (if applicable)
English Language Proficiency Requirements for International Students
Undergraduate applicants whose native language is not English and have not had at least 3 years of English at a school where English was the official medium of instruction, are required to take one of the exams below. Please note that your English language proficiency test results are only valid for two years. Please ensure that the name on your passport matches the name on your application, and on your language scores.
Test for English Language Proficiency
Minimum Score Requirements
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
600 (paper-based test)
100 (internet-based test)
MyBest® scores are not accepted
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
DET (Duolingo English Test)
We do not accept results from the following exams: IELTS Indicator, TOEFL ITP Plus for China, TOEFL Essentials, and PTE Academic Online.