Albert Nerken School of Engineering
Our fall 2023 first-year application is closed. The fall 2024 first-year application will open in August.
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Deadline: November 1
- Application Deadline: January 5
These application instructions are for first-year applicants only. There are alternate instructions for transfer students.
- Common Application, including essay and additional writing prompts
- 2 teacher recommendations (at least one from a STEM course instructor strongly encouraged)
- 1 counselor evaluation
- Official high school transcript or GED certificate (including mid-year report, if applicable)
- Any official college transcripts (sent directly from the college or university)
- SAT/ACT (test optional)
- SAT II (optional)
- English language proficiency test (if applicable)
- $75 application fee or fee waiver (if applicable)
English Language Proficiency Requirements For International Students
Undergraduate applicants whose native language is not English and have not had at least 3 years of English at a school where English was the official medium of instruction, are required to take one of the exams below. Please note that your English language proficiency test results are only valid for two years. Please ensure that the name on your passport matches the name on your application, and on your language scores.
Test for English Language Proficiency
Minimum Score Requirements
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
600 (paper-based test)
100 (internet-based test)
MyBest® scores are not accepted
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
DET (Duolingo English Test)
We do not accept results from the following exams: IELTS Indicator, TOEFL ITP Plus for China, TOEFL Essentials, and PTE Academic Online.
High School Graduation Requirements
If you have questions about our undergraduate application process, please attend an info session, check out our FAQs, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.