Online registration through Student Self-Service for the Spring 2022 semester classes will take place between November 16 and 22, 2021. This registration is for all Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree students who plan to return to Cooper Union in January.
|If in Spring 2022 you will be...||You will register online starting...|
|A Master’s student, or a Senior in all schools||Tuesday, November 16
Starting at 9 am
|An Art Junior, or
An Engineering Junior, or
A Third- or Fourth-Year Architecture Student
|Wednesday, November 17
starting at 9 am
|An Architecture, Art or Engineering Sophomore||Thursday, November 18
starting at 9 am
|A Freshman||Friday, November 19 starting at 9 am|
Separate registration instructions for each school and HSS can be found below.
- The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture
- School of Art
- Albert Nerken School of Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Please note: Students who have a financial obligation to The Cooper Union will not be permitted to register. Please satisfy any debts before registration.
Online registration through Student Self-Service will occur in the following way:
- Each student will submit a proposed schedule to their advisor. Students are encouraged to e-mail their advisors that they have submitted their schedule.
- The advisor will review the schedule and approve it if satisfactory. Advisors must e-mail their students upon approval.
- Starting on their appointed day and continuing through November 22, students will register online.
- If a student encounters difficulty with registration, staff members in the Admissions and Records office can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours.
See Using Student Self-Service for detailed instructions.
Schedule changes and necessary program alterations may be accommodated without fee during the drop/add period, which is January 18 - 25. After that there is a $25 fee for withdrawing from courses (no courses may be added).
The first day of classes will be Tuesday, January 18. Monday classes meet.
Any returning student who does not register between November 16 and 22 may register in January; there will be a $100 late registration fee.
After January 25, 2022 students may drop classes only within the guidelines and timeframes established by the three Schools and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; there will be a $25 fee for each transaction.
Master's Students on the Thesis Track Please Note: Even if you are pursuing only the completion of your thesis, you MUST register in the normal way.
To All Seniors and Graduating Master’s Students
Please answer the questions in the Graduation section in Student Self-Service, and make sure to indicate how you want your name to appear on your diploma.
To change your name, you must make arrangements to bring original legal documentation to the Registrar office (email email@example.com).