Online registration through Student Self-Service for the Spring 2023 semester classes will take place between November 15 and 21, 2022. Registration starts at 9 am according to the schedule below. This registration is for all Bachelor's degree and Master's degree students who plan to return to The Cooper Union in September.
|If in Spring 2023 you will be ...||You will register online starting at 9 am on ...|
|A Master’s student, or a senior in all schools||Tuesday, November 15|
|An Art Junior, or
An Engineering Junior, or
A Third- or Fourth-Year Architecture Student
|Wednesday, November 16|
|An Architecture, Art, or Engineering Sophomore||Thursday, November 17|
|A Freshmen||*Registered by the Registrar's Office|
Separate registration instructions for each school and HSS can be found below.
- The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture
- School of Art
- Albert Nerken School of Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Please note: Students who have a financial obligation to The Cooper Union will not be permitted to register. Please satisfy any debts before registration.
Online registration through Student Self-Service will occur in the following way:
- Each student will submit a proposed schedule to their advisor. Students are encouraged to e-mail their advisors that they have submitted their course plan. Art students will follow their school's instructions and follow up with their advisors as needed.
- The advisor will review the schedule and approve it if satisfactory. Advisors must e-mail their students upon approval.
- Starting on their appointed day and continuing through April 29, students will register online.
- If a student encounters difficulty with registration, staff members in the Office of the Registrar can be reached during normal business hours by email at email@example.com.
See Using Student Self-Service for detailed instructions.
Schedule changes and necessary program alterations may be accommodated without fee during the drop/add period, which is August 29 to September 6. After that there is a $25 fee for withdrawing from courses (no courses may be added).
The first day of classes will be Tuesday, January 17. Monday classes meet.
Any returning student who does not register between November 15 and 21 may register from January 17 - 24 ; there will be a $100 late registration fee.
After January 24 students may drop classes only within the guidelines and timeframes established by the three Schools and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; there will be a $25 fee for each transaction.
Master's students please note: Even if you are pursuing only the completion of your thesis, you MUST register in the normal way.