Online registration through Student Self-Service for the Spring 2021 semester classes will take place between November 17 and 23, 2020. This registration is for all Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree students who plan to return to Cooper Union in January.
|If in Spring 2021 you will be...||You will register online starting...|
|A Master’s student, or a Senior in all schools||Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Starting at 9 am
|An Art Junior, or
An Engineering Junior, or
A Third- or Fourth-Year Architecture Student
|Wednesday, November 18, 2020
starting at 9 am
|An Architecture, Art or Engineering Sophomore||Thursday, November 19, 2020
starting at 9 am
|A Freshman||Friday, November 20, 2020 starting at 9 am|
Separate registration instructions for each school and HSS can be found below.
- The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture
- School of Art
- Albert Nerken School of Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Please note: Students who have a financial obligation to The Cooper Union will not be permitted to register. Please satisfy any debts before registration.
Online registration through Student Self-Service will occur in the following way:
- Each student will submit a proposed schedule to their advisor. Students are encouraged to e-mail their advisors that they have submitted their schedule.
- The advisor will review the schedule and approve it if satisfactory. Advisors must e-mail their students upon approval.
- Starting on their appointed day and continuing through November 23, students will register online.
- If a student encounters difficulty with registration, staff members in the Admissions and Records office can be reached at 212 353-4120 during normal business hours. Or e-mail email@example.com
See Using Student Self-Service for detailed instructions.
Schedule changes and necessary program alterations may be accommodated without fee during the drop/add period, which is January 19 - 26. After that there is a $25 fee for withdrawing from courses (no courses may be added).
The first day of classes will be Tuesday, January 19. Monday classes meet.
Any returning student who does not register between November 17 and 23 may register in January; there will be a $100 late registration fee.
After January 26, 2021 students may drop classes only within the guidelines and timeframes established by the three Schools and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; there will be a $25 fee for each transaction.
Master's Students on the Thesis Track Please Note: Even if you are pursuing only the completion of your thesis, you MUST register in the normal way.
Special Instructions for Engineering Students
Please remember the guidelines for registration for Math. You must register within your major unless you have permission to do otherwise.
To All Seniors and Graduating Master’s Students
Please answer the questions in the Graduation section in Student Self-Service, and make sure to indicate how you want your name to appear on your diploma.
To change your name, you must bring original legal documentation to the Registrar's office.