Master of Science in Architecture
The Master of Science in Architecture program (formerly Master of Architecture II) will serve professionals who wish to continue in practice with higher research and design skills in those areas in which the program offers specialization. It will additionally prepare those who wish to develop parallel careers in teaching and/or continue to engage in research toward an appropriate Ph.D. degree at another institution. Due to the small size of the programs, the deferral of an offer of admission to the Master of Science in Architecture (graduate) program is not permitted.
Exciting update: The Master of Science in Architecture program is now designated as a STEM program, making international M.S. Arch graduates eligible to extend their F-1 visas for up to three years in order to work in the United States.
Our 2023 application will be live by September, 2022.
- You must hold a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), Master of Architecture I (M.Arch I) or an equivalent degree from an international institution
- You must have a minimum of one year of work experience after obtaining your first professional degree
- A completed Master of Science in Architecture Application
- A written essay succinctly explaining your interest in the Master of Science in Architecture program as well as the specified area of concentration
- Examples of written work (previously completed written work such as essays, research papers, thesis statements, etc.)
- A portfolio including your most important and representative design and written work. The portfolio should consist of professional, academic, and/or scholarly work. No physical portfolios will be accepted, ALL portfolio submissions must be made electronically through the above application portal.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or DET scores (if Bachelor’s degree was taught in a language other than English)
- We do not accept results from: IELTS Indicator, TOEFL ITP Plus for China, TOEFL Essentials, and PTE Academic Online.
- Official copies of post-secondary transcripts, including college/university transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- $75 application fee or fee waiver (if applicable)
Potential candidates may be required to be available and make necessary arrangements for a personal interview. While we make every attempt to conduct interviews remotely, any interview expenses will be the responsibility of the candidate.