School of Art Registration Instructions
Summer / Fall 2021
Step 1: Pre-Registration Advisement
Consult the Office of Academic Advisement no later than Friday, April 9, to address any questions about your program of study and to avoid any misunderstanding of the published requirements of The Cooper Union.
Step 2: Check your account on the Student Self-Service Portal and resolve any financial holds.
Note, however, that you should enter your PLANS and request APPROVAL even if you still have a hold. We will save you seats in School of Art classes until you resolve your hold, after which you can REGISTER. If you clear your hold before the end of the registration period, you may register then. Otherwise, you must wait for the next registration window. Registration for Fall 2021 will reopen on August 30 and last for one week.
Step 3: Create your PLAN on the Student Self-Service Portal.
In categories offered through the School of Art, plan only your first choices.
In categories offered through the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences (HSS, HTA, HUM, SS), plan first and second choices.
You must choose a section for each class so that the day, time, and instructor are shown.
Step 4: Request APPROVAL by filling out the Summer / Fall 2021 Schedule Approval Request Form.
The links for the forms will be emailed to you soon. Read the instructions on the forms.
- Seniors should fill out approval requests on Sunday, April 11.
- Juniors should fill out approval requests on Tuesday, April 13.
- Sophomores should fill out approval requests on Thursday, April 15.
The Office of Academic Advising will approve plans as follows:
- Seniors– beginning Monday, April 12
- Juniors– beginning Wednesday, April 14
- Sophomores– beginning on or after Friday, April 16
We will contact you if there are any problems with your request(s).
Step 5: REGISTER your approved classes on the Student Self-Service Portal.
Registration access opens as follows:
- Seniors should register Tuesday, April 20, starting at 9 am
- Juniors should register Wednesday, April 21, starting at 9 am
- Sophomores should register Thursday, April 22, starting at 9 am
If you find that you are closed out of any approved non-School of Art classes, or encounter any other registration problems, contact Frances Northcutt Green (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Judith Bernstein (email@example.com).