In a way a publication is the result of a kind of communication between persons and places. The actual product is a short hand, a sign, a code of things past. The passing of so called real time: that is, long hours of intense work-thought, relationships brought to an edge, some joys, some sorrows (which may not be apparent at first). Then one reads a list of names that somehow have had something to do with a place and each other. It is then revealed that a place of quality existed, and persons of quality existed. The convolution of these forces joined, and worked on a place at a place for a place. A "communitas" was established. —John Hejduk
- BOOKS CELEBRATING EXHIBITIONS | The School of Architecture Archive has published a number of books in conjunction with exhibitions mounted in the Arthur A. Houghton Jr. Gallery. Titles include Water-Works, Coming to Light: The Louis I. Kahn Memorial to Franklin D. Roosevelt for New York City, and Slutzky: Recent Work.
- EDUCATION OF AN ARCHITECT | This selection of books explore education at The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture. Contributors include John Hejduk, Diane Lewis, Sue Ferguson Gussow, David Shapiro, among others.
- CONSTRUCTED THOUGHT | The School of Architecture has published several books on original creative work. Arthurs include Francesco Pellizzi, John Ashbery, Remo Guidieri, Robert Freeman, Joseph Rykwert, among others.
- JOHN HEJDUK WORKS | The School of Architecture Archive holds a collection of works written and illustrated by John Hejduk. Titles include Berlin Night, Security, Mask of Medusa, and The Riga Project.
- ARCHITECTURE AT COOPER | The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture Newsletter is published yearly to coincide with the annual End of the Year Exhibition.
Click here to order Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture Publications