The Cooper Union Summer STEM Program offers introductory and advanced design and engineering classes for current freshman, sophomore and junior high school students. Summer STEM is an opportunity to try engineering for the first time or to dive deeper into engineering team work. Each 3- or 6-week class covers college-level topics and activities completed by The Cooper Union undergraduates in their first or second year. This selective program encourages all curious, compassionate, and college-interested students to apply regardless of prior experience.
Learn about: Summer STEM 2023 Classes
Apply to Summer STEM 2023: https://connect.cooper.edu/apply/
- To start an application go to First-time users > Create an account
- To apply for financial aid, within the Background Continued section, check Yes for "Would you like to apply for financial aid?" Financial Aid is available for low and middle income students.
- To apply for Cooper Next Scholars, complete the Summer STEM application, entering a NYC address, and check Yes for "Would you like to apply for financial?" You will be asked if you want to apply to Cooper Next Scholars.
- Application Deadline Extended to Monday, April 3, 2023 at 5 pm EST.
- Recommendation letters due Monday, April 3, 2023 at 5 pm EST.
- Acceptance letters and class assigment emailed by the end of the day on Friday, April 21, 2023.
See program information, including costs, financial aid, and eligibility: FAQs
NYC Students can apply for a paid internship: Cooper Next Scholars Information. Applications due April 3, 2023.
Learn more about SUMMER STEM
Hear about Summer STEM from past students and staff: What is Summer STEM? Video.
See SUMMER STEM 2021 Student Portfolios:
Questions about SUMMER STEM? Email firstname.lastname@example.org