Financial Aid at Cooper
Honoring Peter Cooper’s belief that education should be accessible to all, our mission is to ensure that no student is deterred from attending The Cooper Union based on their financial circumstances.
- We meet 100% of demonstrated and determined financial need.
- Every admitted undergraduate student receives a half-tuition scholarship valued at $22,275 per year, as well as need-based aid.
- For the sixth consecutive year, we are not raising undergraduate tuition.
- 2022 - 2023 academic year average aid for undergraduate students includes:
- 100% tuition costs covered by scholarship or grant aid for 45% of students
- 81% being the average scholarship amount or grant aid received
- 100% of students receiving a minimum of 50% scholarship or grant aid
The Master of Science in Architecture program offers a merit scholarship valued at approximately 30% of the base tuition.
The Cooper Union is recognized as one of the most affordable colleges in the country, receiving top rankings in US News, Money Magazine, and The Princeton Review.
Learn more about Cooper's affordability:
- Use our Net Price Calculator to help determine your eligibility for aid.
- Visit our financial aid page.
- Compare Cooper with other schools on the College Scorecard.
- Review our financial aid FAQs.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- For additional information, go to our tuition and fees webpage.
- Download our affordability and financial aid one-sheeter.
- Apply and file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Cooper Union code is 002710