Student Work Documentation
ARCHIVE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Each semester, faculty select work from all design studios and some project-based courses for inclusion in the Archive’s Student Work Collection. If your work has been selected, you will be notified by the Archive. Your models and hand drawings will be photographed by Archive staff at the close of the fall semester and spring semesters.
You will be asked to submit your work according to specific guidelines, available here as a downloadable PDF.
CARING FOR WORK DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR
• Keep drawings flat in a portfolio. If they are too large, roll and store them in tubes. Use a
sheet of paper rolled and taped around the outside to hold the roll together. Make sure to
remove any tape on the back of your drawings before storing them.
• Refrain from sticking masking tape to drawings, as it tends to discolor and leave a sticky
residue. If you need to use masking tape to hang work, remove it promptly. We recommend
that you use archival artist tape instead.
• If your drawing tears or gets damaged, consult with Archive for the best way to repair it.
• Keep sketches, study models, etc. so that you can track your process for each project.
• The School of Architecture Computer Studio has photo equipment that you may use to
document your own work over the course of the semester for portfolio purposes.