This course is a hands-on introduction to object-oriented programming using C#. Students will design, implement, test, debug, and document programs, using the Microsoft Visual Studio integrated development environment. Topics include control structures, arrays, data types, exception handling, I/O, objects, inheritance, interfaces, networking, threads and databases.
- Analyze, design, develop, document, debug, and test object-oriented applications using C# and Microsoft Visual Studio, adhering to customer requirements and industry best practices
- Implement I/O, conditional, and iterative statements
- Implement operators, data types, data structures and exception handling
- Design and use classes, objects, methods and interfaces
- Understand inheritance, threading, networking and database concepts
- (Weekly) Computing with C# and the .NET Framework, 2nd ed., by Arthur Gittleman. 2011. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc.
- (Supplementary) Head First C# by Jennifer Greene and Andrew Stellman. 2013. O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- (Supplementary) C# 5.0 in a Nutshell, 5th Edition
- Download Visual C# Express for your Operating System
- Overview of the .NET Framework from the .NET Framework Developer’s Guide
Course Schedule: Download the PDF of the C# course schedule
Instructor: Dr. Suzanna Schmeelk