The Geography of New York City
Registration Status: This course is no longer being offered
Session Dates: October 16, 2017 - December 04, 2017
This course will introduce attendees to the factors that contribute to spatial variation within New York City. Four lectures will be supplemented by two walking tours which provide illustrations of concepts developed in the lectures.
Consisting of 4 lectures and 2 walking tours. The lectures will be scheduled for 2 hours each including Break & Questions. The 2-hour walking tours are scheduled for 2 hours each from starting point. The first walking tour would serve to introduce empirical evidence for the conceptual content of the lecture. The 2nd would be scheduled after the lectures and is designed to reinforce concepts discussed in the lectures.
Meets Mondays 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for lectures series
Meets Saturdays 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for walking tours
- October 16, 2017: Overview and Topographic Influences
- November: 20, 2017: Advances in Transportation and Technology Affect Accessibility.
- November 27, 2017: Demographic Change
- December 4, 2017: Micro and Macro Political Boundaries
- October 21, 2017 Manhattan: The Upper East Side and Harlem.
- October 28, 2017 Queens: Jackson Heights and Jamaica.
Students MUST enroll 5 business days prior to the course start date, The final day to register is Oct. 5th., students enrolling after this date will pay a $15 late fee.
Course Code: $149433