Cooper Union Hyperloop
Dirk Martin Luchtenburg (ME)
Philip Yecko (PE)
The Hyperloop VIP section aims to participate in an international Hyperloop related design competition that requires teams to design, build and test hyperloop related technology.
- Hyperloop is a vehicle that travels through a vacuum tube which allows the vehicle to move at high speeds.
- The design competitions require teams to bring their vehicle to a test track and perform a full speed run down the track.
- Previous competition goals were to make the fastest vehicle, but there is no guarantee that will be the goal each year.
- Teams are judged based off of an in-depth rubric based off of design, innovation, feasibility and a few other parameters.
- High speed travel
- Reduced emissions
- Mechanical design
- Team management
- Long term planning
- CAD design
- Sponsorship and outreach
- Communication and controls systems
- Propulsion and Power handling
Onshape, Solidworks, FEA, C, C++, Python, Circuitry, Dynamics, Vibrational Analysis, PCB creation, Machine shop
All majors welcome (engineering and non-engineering).
- Interest in transportation
- Willingness to learn
- Basic CAD experience