The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture Registration Instructions
Fall 2014 Registration Instructions
Registration advising (and pre-registration for Architecture electives) will take place in the School of Architecture Office according to the following schedule:
Current M.Arch II students & Current 4th year students going into 5th year
Wednesday 16 April
Registration opens for you at 12:01AM on Tuesday 22 April*
NOTE: M.Arch II students will register for their Summer 2014 semester consisting of ARCH 413 Graduate Thesis only.
Current 2nd and 3rd year students going into 3rd and 4th years, respectively
Thursday 17 April
Registration opens for you at 12:01AM on Wednesday 23 April*
Current 1st year students going into 2nd year|
Monday 21 April
Registration opens for you at 12:01AM on Thursday 24 April*
*Online registration on WebAdvisor starts at 12:01AM on Tuesday 4/22 and is prioritized by the year you will be entering. The closer you will be to your final year of study the earlier you register. Your registration day starts at 12:01AM. Once your registration day begins, you can register at any time (but the longer you wait the fewer options you will have) until registration closes at 11:59PM on Friday 4/25.
A step-by-step illustrated guide to registering via WebAdvisor can be viewed here.
Registration Rules, Regulations, Dates and Deadlines
(1) Anyone who does not complete his/her online registration by 11:59PM on Friday 4/25 will be required to register on 2 September and a late registration fee of $100 will be imposed.
(2) Schedule changes may take place, via WebAdvisor, during the one-week drop/add period at the start of the Fall semester, 2-9 September. The School of Architecture Office must approve schedule changes. Beginning Wednesday 10 September, no courses may be added but it will be possible to withdraw from a course with permission of the Dean of the School of Architecture and the instructor. A fee of $25 will be charged for each withdrawal. If the student is passing the course at the time of withdrawal, the designation of "W" will appear on the record. If the student is failing the course, a grade of "WF" will be recorded.
(3) No classes may be added after Tuesday, September 9. It will be possible to withdraw from courses, with the appropriate authorization and fee payment, until the end of the sixth week of the semester (Friday 10 October) by following the above procedure.
(4) If you have an outstanding financial obligation to The Cooper Union: student fee, international student fee, lab fee, graduation fee, medical insurance fee, etc., you can find this information on WebAdvisor (24/7 and before registration). If you have a Shop/Printmaking debt or owe money to the School of Architecture, you will be notified before registration and your Ed Plan will not be approved until you have made your payment in the School of Architecture Office. Meeting your financial obligation before registration will allow you to register on time when you will potentially have the most options.
(5) The Fall 2014 semester begins on Tuesday, September 2nd. We will be following a Tuesday schedule of classes so it will be the first day of all architecture design studios.
(6) View the 2014-2015 Academic Calendar and Holiday Schedule