Online registration through Student Self-Service for the Fall 2019 semester classes will take place between April 9 and 12. Registration starts at 9 am according to the schedule below. This registration is for all Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree students who plan to return to The Cooper Union in September.
|If in the Fall you will be...||You will register online starting at 9 am on...|
|A Master’s student, or a Senior in all schools||Tuesday, April 9|
|An Art Junior, or
An Engineering Junior, or
A Third- or Fourth-Year Architecture Student
|Wednesday, April 10|
|An Architecture, Art or Engineering Sophomore||Thursday, April 11|
Separate registration instructions for each school and HSS can be found below.
- Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture
- School of Art
- Albert Nerken School of Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Please note: Students who have a financial obligation to The Cooper Union will not be permitted to register. Please satisfy any debts before registration.
Online registration through Student Self-Service will occur in the following way:
- Each student will submit a proposed schedule to their advisor. Students should confirm to their advisors in person or by email that they have submitted their schedule for approval.
- The advisor will review the schedule and approve it if satisfactory. Advisors must e-mail their students upon approval.
- Starting on their appointed day and continuing through April 12, students will register online.
- If a student encounters difficulty with registration, staff members in the Admissions and Records office can be reached at 212 353-4120 during normal business hours. Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See Using Student Self-Service for detailed instructions.
Schedule changes and necessary program alterations may be accommodated without fee during the drop/add period, which is September 3 - 10. After that there is a $25 fee for withdrawing from courses (no courses may be added).
The first day of classes will be Tuesday, September 3. Note: Tuesday classes meet.
Any returning student who does not register between April 9 and 12 may register in September; there will be a $100 late registration fee.
After September 10 students may drop classes only within the guidelines and timeframes established by the three schools and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; there will be a $25 fee for each transaction.
Master's Students Please Note: Even if you are pursuing only the completion of your Thesis, you MUST register in the normal way.
Special Instructions for Engineering Students
Please remember the guidelines for registration for Math. You must register within your major unless you have permission to do otherwise.