Welcome to our small community of influential voices in architecture, art, and engineering. Just this year, alumni Daniel Arsham A'03 was named Creative Director for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Arsham is the first artist to ever hold the title which typically goes to a pop culture icon. There is also recent graduate Nithi Subbaian EE'20 who co-founded Impactful, a platform and online community for sharing career opportunities in technology for social good.
We encourage you to take this time to get to know us better—join us Sunday, April 11, 2021 for Admitted Student Day, reach out to a Cooper student ambassador, and join the Admitted Student Class of 2025 (and 2026 Architects) Facebook group.
You can find the steps we are taking to help combat COVID-19 in our community here and the work we are doing to be an anti-racist and inclusive institution here, in keeping with our historic legacy of education for all.
Before you join us in the fall and begin attending classes, you will need to complete some documents and forms. You are encouraged to bookmark this page so that you can easily find it and not miss any pertinent and time sensitive next steps.
Respond to your Offer of Admission
Sign in to your student status portal here and respond to your offer of admission. The portal also contains instructions and login credentials to view your financial aid awards.
Complete the following steps through the portal:
1) Submit your Early Decision acceptance form
This form serves as your official acceptance of our offer of admission.
2) Submit your non-refundable deposit of $1,135.00 (undergraduate) $1,400 (graduate)
This deposit represents the student fee and lab materials fee for the fall semester.
3) Set up your CooperID
Set up your unique CooperID by following instructions here. Please be sure to activate this account as soon as possible, as you will receive important communications from Financial Aid, the Registrar, and Student Affairs through your cooper.edu email.
Save the Date! Virtual Admitted Students Day – Sunday, April 11, 2021, 1 – 3 pm EST
On Sunday, April 11, 2021 we invite you to virtually mingle with our community and meet your future classmates. We would like to introduce you to our faculty, staff, and current students, as well as share with you our campus and Student Residence Hall. Registration is required.
Also be sure to join us for our school-hosted Welcome Events. Below are the details.
- Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture Master of Science Program – Sunday, March 21, 10 am – 12 pm EST
- Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture – Thursday, April 8, 7 – 9:30 pm EST
- School of Art – Thursday, April 8, 6 – 7:30 pm EST
- Albert Nerken School of Engineering – Monday, April 12, 6 – 8 pm EST
- International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) – Wednesday, April 14, 9 – 10 am EST
- Humanities & Social Sciences (HSS) – Thursday, April 15, 6 – 7 pm EST
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) – Thursday, April 22, 5 – 6 pm EST
You must register separately for each event you would like to attend. Please go to your student status portal to register.
Connect with your Classmates
Join The Cooper Union Official Class of 2025 (and 2026 Architects) Facebook group.
After submitting your deposit
International Students: Complete your I-20 Application
• International students are required to submit an I-20 application. Instructions are available here.
• When submitting your I-20 application, plan to complete it at least 4 months before coming into the U.S. The deadline to submit your I-20 application is Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Discuss your Financial Aid
Make an appointment to meet with a member of the Financial Aid team to ask any question you may have regarding your aid.
First-Year Students: Apply for Housing
Students in their first year may elect to stay in our Student Residence Hall, located three minutes away from campus. Applications for housing opens Monday, March 1, 2021. Please click here to fill out the housing application.
Submit your Final Transcripts
• Send an official copy of your final transcript from your high school and/or college, certifying your graduation and/or completion of college coursework by Thursday, July 1, 2021.
• International Students: All official transcripts must be translated into English with the date of graduation clearly indicated. An official transcript includes a signature from a school official and a school stamp/seal.
Submit your Health Forms
• You must submit a record of a physical examination by your physician, a record of your immunizations, and a form regarding your meningitis status. All required forms can be located and completed in your student status portal under the admitted student checklist tab. If you have questions or concerns about these forms, please contact Eric Conley in the office of student affairs at email@example.com. Please note, New York State requires proof of immunization from measles, mumps, and rubella before starting as a Cooper Union student.
• While completing the health forms, students are encouraged to make contact with the dean of students, Chris Chamberlin, if they have specific questions about physical or mental health issues and/or disability accommodation services. Please email the dean of students at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Register for your Classes
If you are entering Cooper as a first-year student, registration for your classes will begin in June 2021. Check back for more information.
Chat with a Current Student
Meet a current student and ask them about their Cooper story!
- Admitted students may request to defer their offer of admission for one year. Each deferral request will be reviewed by the Office of Admissions and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Submission of a deferral request does not mean that your deferral request has been approved. You will receive a follow-up email regarding the approval or denial of your request once it has been thoroughly reviewed.
- The Cooper Union considers the totality of the class in each program when admitting students. The class size and collaborative nature of the pedagogy demands this type of nuanced calculation. For that reason, deferral requests are carefully reviewed.
- Students may not defer in order to matriculate at another degree-granting college or university with the intention of receiving credit at The Cooper Union for any courses taken during the deferral.
- Admitted students whose deferral requests are approved must pay their nonrefundable enrollment deposit by May 1, 2021 in order to reserve their place at The Cooper Union for Fall 2022.
- A student's admission will not be officially deferred until the enrollment deposit is received.
- A student’s award package may not remain the same and will be recalculated when the financial aid application is resubmitted.
Summer School 2021
- Join us for summer school 2021!
In addition, we have put together this resource guide. There are some redundancies but another good page to bookmark. We are excited to welcome you to the Cooper community!