Welcome to our small community of influential voices in architecture, art, and engineering. Just this year, alumni Daniel Arsham A'03 was named Creative Director for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Arsham is the first artist to ever hold the title which typically goes to a pop culture icon. There is also recent graduate Nithi Subbaian EE'20 who co-founded Impactful, a platform and online community for sharing career opportunities in technology for social good.
We encourage you to take this time to get to know us better—join us Sunday, April 11, 2021 for Admitted Student Day, reach out to a Cooper student ambassador, and join the Admitted Student Class of 2025 (and 2026 Architects) Facebook group.
You can find the steps we are taking to help combat COVID-19 in our community here and the work we are doing to be an anti-racist and inclusive institution here, in keeping with our historic legacy of education for all.
Before you join us in the fall and begin attending classes, you will need to complete some documents and forms. You are encouraged to bookmark this page so that you can easily find it and not miss any pertinent and time sensitive next steps. Please follow the instructions below and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Respond to your Offer of Admission
Sign in to the student portal here and respond to your offer of admission. The portal also contains instructions and login credentials to view your financial aid awards.
Complete the following steps through the portal:
1) Submit your Early Decision acceptance form
This form serves as your official acceptance of our offer of admission.
2) Submit your non-refundable deposit of $1,135.00
This deposit represents the student fee and lab materials fee for the fall semester.
3) Set up your CooperID
Set up your unique CooperID by following instructions here. Please be sure to activate this account as soon as possible, as you will receive important communications from Financial Aid, the Registrar, and Student Affairs through your cooper.edu email.
Save the Date! Admitted Students Day–Sunday, April 11, 2021
On Sunday, April 11, 2021 we invite you to mingle with our community and meet your future classmates. All admitted student events will be virtual. We look forward to introducing you to our faculty, staff, and current students, as well as highlighting our campus and Student Residence Hall. More details about the day to come.
Connect with your Classmates
Join The Cooper Union Official Class of 2025 (and 2026 Architects) Facebook group.
After submitting your deposit
International Students: Complete your I-20 Application
• International students are required to submit an I-20/DS-2019 application. Instructions are available here.
• When submitting your I-20 application, plan to complete it at least 4 months before coming into the U.S. The deadline to submit your I-20/DS-2019 application is Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Discuss your Financial Aid
Make an appointment to meet with a member of the Financial Aid team to ask any question you may have regarding your aid.
First-Year Students: Apply for Housing
Students in their first year may elect to stay in our Student Residence Hall, located three minutes away from campus. Applications for university housing open Monday, March 1, 2021. Check back for more information.
Submit your Final Transcripts
• Send an official copy of your final transcript from your high school and/or college, certifying your graduation and/or completion of college coursework by Thursday, July 1, 2021.
• International Students: All official transcripts must be translated into English with the date of graduation clearly indicated. An official transcript includes a signature from a school official and a school stamp/seal.
Submit your Health Forms
• You must send these health forms, a record of a physical examination by your physician, a record of your immunizations, and a form regarding your meningitis status to email@example.com. Please note, New York State requires proof of immunization from measles, mumps, and rubella before starting as a Cooper Union student.
• While completing the Health forms, students are encouraged to make contact with the dean of students, Chris Chamberlin if they have specific questions about physical or mental health issues and/or disability accommodation services. Please email the dean of students at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Register for your Classes
If you are entering Cooper as a first-year student, registration for your classes will begin in June 2021. Check back for more information.
Chat with a Current Student
Meet a current student and ask them about their Cooper story!
We are excited to welcome you to the Cooper community!