Observational Drawing: Figure
4 Wednesday evenings, March 4 – 25, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
In this 4-week course, students draw from a live model to study the proportion and form of the human figure. Beginning with the basics of human proportion and observing a skeleton, students "build" figures on the page by layering lines, shapes, and forms. Modalities such as gesture drawing and contour drawing create a foundation for student's to develop their drawings with increased independence. Concepts such as negative / positive space aid student's ability to see - and thus depict - proportions in drawing. This course is open to novices with some experience and those with more experience. Courageous beginners are also welcome.
- 1 pad 18” x 24” white paper drawing (Strathmore or Canson brands)
- 2 kneaded erasers (any brand)
- 1 plastic white eraser (Staedtler brand)
- 1 metal pencil sharpener (Maped brand)
- 2 large binder clips (to hold pad onto drawing board)
- 1 set of drawing pencils including: 6H, 4H, 2H, H, F, HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B (Blick brand)
- 1 pack (set of 4) compressed charcoal (General's brand)
- 1 pack (set of 2) #2B Conte crayon (black only)
Registration for this class will open on January 8th.
Course Code: DRA10
Instructor(s): Eric Hibit