Branding with Type
Instructor(s): Ellen Lupton
1 In-Person Sessions (Important: please read policies below)
Sunday, June 19, 022
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
LOCATION: Cooper Union Campus
IMPORTANT: to participate in classes on campus
- Please be prepared to arrive up to 30 minutes early on the first class to present proof of vaccination, booster and a state issued picture ID in the lobby of 41 Cooper Square.
- You must wear a mask at all times inside the school.
- A school ID will be issued so you can enter all subsequent weeks by showing it to the guards. A photo will be taken on the first evening of your class for the ID card.
- Unvaccinated individuals will not be allowed access to campus buildings.
- If you are not able to arrive up to 30 minutes before class on the first session or within 1 hour of the start of the first class session, please request to withdraw from class by email. Policies apply.
Typographics “in-person” attendees can receive a 10% discount on this workshop. Look for the discount code on the ticket confirmation from Eventbrite.
Use your senses to develop a visual system for your own highly personal line of ice cream. Create a menu of visual elements and apply them to a unique product family. Use typography, color, and graphic elements to express sensory delight and explore personal culinary themes (heritage, nostalgia, health, futurism, feminism—you name it). Use this one-day workshop to spark your creativity, find new inspiration, and create a chill portfolio piece. Participants receive copies of Ellen Lupton’s latest book from Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, Design Is Storytelling.
This class is created for designers and students with a grasp of the basics and a desire to flex (or loosen up) their typographic muscles. We will be working in Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator; a laptop and a recent version of one or both applications is required. Access to Adobe Fonts is strongly suggested.
Course Code: BT22