At Cooper Union, we value the importance of a diverse student body. As such, we attract and enroll students from around the world. We welcome all students to apply regardless of immigration status. Please note that immigration status is not considered in your application review and decision.
Definition: International students are those who do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
Financial Aid: International students are not eligible for Federal or State Financial Aid. However, they are eligible for the half-tuition scholarship and additional merit aid.
- International applicants who have studied for less than three years in English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to show English proficiency. A minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper format), 250 (computer format) or 100 (internet-based format) is required. The IELTS score is not accepted by Cooper Union and may not be substituted for the TOEFL.
- All applicants to The Cooper Union are required to submit scores from the SAT exam or ACT exam.
- Make sure the name on your passport matches your name on the application, TOEFL and SAT/ACT scores.
- All high school and college transcripts must be translated into English, notarized and sent to The Cooper Union.
- Students planning to attend Cooper Union as an F-1 international student will need a Form I-20. To obtain a Form I-20 from Cooper Union, you will be required to submit an I-20 Request Form with supporting documents to International Student Advisement (ISA). ISA will contact you with the I-20 requirements and forms after you've been admitted, made your deposit, and completed the Citizenship Verification Form.
- International students are assessed a fee of $1,005 per semester.
- In addition to the international student fee, please click here to review all costs of attendance.
- Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org