Software Quality Assurance: Manual Testing
This course will be designed to impart expertise on manual testing. It will teach the fundamentals of organizing the project and preparing the test plan. After completing this course, students will be able to design the test cases, execute the test scenarios and create test status reports.
This program will cover:
- Introduction to Quality Assurance. Why do software Testing? Difficulties and Limitations of Software Testing
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in the context of QA. Waterfall vs. Spiral Model. A Framework for Software Quality.
- Different phases of Software Development Test Cycle (SDTC): Test Planning, Test Design, Test Development and Test Execution
- Roles and responsibilities of QA and system testing.
- Establish a testing group and manage the whole testing project. Managing the Requirements.
- Test environments.
- Algorithms and strategies of testing; the methods and technologies of software testing.
- ISO Standards.
- Agile methodology vs. SDLC. Rapid Application Development (RAD) process.
- QA Testing Types. Black-box testing vs. white-box testing. Software Testing Dictionary.
- Organizing the project and preparing test plan.
- Test design, implementation, execution, bug tracking and report creation.
- Checking large log files and create test evidence
- Analyzing and reporting test results
- Distinguish relationship between the software testing and the quality assurance.
- Interview process for test engineers
Instructor: Gary Yurkovsky