Software Quality Assurance – Automated Testing
This fundamental course provides a comprehensive explanation of functional testing automation QA Automation Tools: QuickTest Professional QTP) and Selenium.
QuickTest Professional (QTP) teaches students how to create automated tests on a standard Windows environment for functional testing. With Quick Test’s point-and-click interface, you will be able to create tests that can be played back on an application repeatedly, delivering consistent test without scripting or programming. During this course topics such as recording and running tests, adding synchronization points and verification steps, modularizing and reusing tests will be covered. You will manage objects in the Object Repository, which stores test object properties, and use the Object Spy tool to view object properties at run time. Advanced features of QTP and test creation through scripting in the Expert View will also be discussed. All topics are supported by extensive hands-on exercises that are based on real-life examples designed to provide the knowledge necessary to automate testing using QuickTest Professional.
- Create basic scripts from a manual test case
- Enhance basic tests with synchronization and verification
- Parameterize tests to run with multiple sets of data
- Create and reuse modular actions
- Use debug tools
- Use custom checkpoints to create more precise verification points within a test
- Manage shared object repositories by using Object Repository Manager
- Describe and use virtual objects
- Resolve object recognition problems
- Descriptive Programming
Selenium gives developers the power to control web browsers and use them to automate web application testing. As an open-source toolset, Selenium makes it easier for testers to evaluate web applications without putting in any extra time and effort. This part is designed to teach the concepts of Selenium WebDriver and Java. We focus on the basics of Selenium, Java and framework development.
- Preparing Selenium test environment
- Modifying the script using Selenium IDE
- Validate the locator value using IDE
- Configuring WebDriver with Eclipse
- Scripting in WebDriver (Firefox, IE, Chrome)
- Locating web elements
Instructor: Gary Yurkovsky
The Retraining program is made possible through generous donations from the Robin Hood Foundation and Con Edison. The Retraining Program would also like to thank our individual donors for support.