Health and Safety Update -- September 8, 2020
Welcome back! We hope that you are all doing well and had a fantastic start to the academic year.
This memo serves as a reminder that access to the buildings will only be given to faculty, students and staff who have received approval from their dean or department manager, and are scheduled for particular day(s) and time(s) to be on campus.
- You must email your signed personal pledge to email@example.com
- You must email a negative COVID-19 test that is less than two weeks old from when you plan to be on campus for the first time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the CUSAFE app to your smartphone so you can complete the daily screening prior to being on campus. You will be provided with a digital thermometer to take home with you so you can take your temperature each day before coming to campus.
- Just show your daily CUSAFE digital badge to security when you enter the buildings.
New York City’s Department of Health is recommending a minimum of once a month COVID-19 retesting. Cooper Union will follow their recommendation.
To be on Campus in October and every month thereafter:
Cooper Union will require everyone to submit a new COVID-19 negative test result by the 1st of each month to email@example.com to have access to the campus buildings for that month. We recommend testing/re-testing no earlier than the 24th of each month at and least three days before the 1stof the month to allow time for test processing.
Reporting a COVID-19 Violation
If you are on campus and see anyone violating the standards of our personal pledge
- Not wearing a mask
- Not obeying social distancing
- Or any other action that appears to violate our pledge to one another
You can report the violation by tapping the “Report a Tip” button on CUSAFE. All reports will be confidentially reported to security and/or a Dean or Department Manager.
Wishing all the best for our community,
The Health and Safety Committee