Announcing Cooper Union's Vaccine Passport
As was communicated over the last few weeks, Cooper Union is requiring all students, faculty, and staff to present proof of vaccination, or proof of a medical or religious exemption from vaccination, in order to be on campus this fall. Cooper Union will collect and secure this information via our own Vaccine Passport app (developed in collaboration with AppArmor) which is part of the existing CUSAFE app that was released last year. With CUSAFE, you can register your vaccination information in a secured and fully HIPAA compliant portal.
CUSAFE’s Vaccine Passport can be accessed beginning immediately. The deadline for submitting proof of vaccination (or medical or religious exemption) is Sunday, Aug 22, 2021.
How to get started:
iPhone and iPad
- Once you launch the CUSAFE app, you will see the “Vaccine Passport” button.
- Simply click that button and follow the simple and short questionnaire including uploading an image of your vaccine card or exemption documentation. You can use the camera on your phone or tablet to take a picture of your vaccine card at that time.
- After you’ve uploaded your documentation, which takes about 2 minutes, a registered nurse will review your submission and approve it. (Please allow 1-2 business days for your submission to be approved).
- Once your submission is approved, CUSafe will present a message that indicates you are allowed on campus and security will be notified to activate your Cooper Union ID card.
- If you do not have a smartphone or tablet or require assistance with installing or accessing the app, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that for those who register medical or religious exemptions on CUSAFE, weekly negative COVID-19 testing results will continue to be required to gain access to campus. We anticipate testing will be available on campus for the first few weeks of the fall semester.
The Health and Safety Committee
The Department of Information Technology