Saturday, October 15, 2016 2:00 - 6:00pm
Add to Calendar
"Bitter Laughter" a free, public conference about political satire and press freedom in Latin America will feature some of the region's best political cartoonists as well as two keynote speakers to present the history of Latin American political satire and its current form. The conference will be in English and in Spanish, with English supertitles as needed.
- Bonil AKA Xavier Bonilla (Ecuador)
- Feggo AKA Felipe Galindo (México)
- Juan Andrés Ravell (Venezuela) -- founder and editor of El Chigüire Bipolar and Isla Presidencial
- Rayma Suprani (Venezuela)
- Chócolo AKA Harold Trujillo Torres (Colombia)
- Enrique del Risco (Cuba) -- writer and academic from New York University from Cuba,
- Elisa Tótaro (Venezuela) -- director and co-founder of Equipo70, a political and Institutional communications firm
This event is co-sponsored by ViceVersa Magazine, a weekly online publication showcasing the talent and achievements of Hispanics in the United States, and by the Dept. of Continuing Education and Public Programs of The Cooper Union.
Please RSVP here.
Located in the Frederick P. Rose Auditorium, at 41 Cooper Square (on Third Avenue between 6th and 7th Streets)