Online Job Board
HANDSHAKE JOB & INTERNSHIP BOARD
Handshake is a career and employment resource for jobs and internships locally and internationally.
Handshake is Cooper Union’s online job, internship and recruiting system. Handshake is only accessible to Cooper Union students and alumni. To gain access to the platform, students and alumni must first create an account and have it approved by the Center for Career Development.
Handshake allows students and alumni to:
- Schedule career counseling appointments – see below on how to do so. Here are examples of topics that can be covered during a career counseling appointment.
- Find job and internship opportunities based on your interests.
- Discover when employers will be on campus and register for events and programs – recruiting events are only open to current students.
- Connect with other Cooper Union students or alumni and potential employers.
How to schedule a career counseling appointment on Handshake (students and alumni):
- You will not see any open appointments if you have not completely filled out the Primary Education section of your profile. Fill in your class year, degree type, graduation year, and major. Once updated, log out and log back in to see updated changes.
- On your profile page, click on the top right drop-down menu titled Career Center.
- Click Appointments and then click Schedule a New Appointment.
- Choose a Category and then an Appointment Type.
- Select your Appointment Time.
How to request on-campus interviews (current students only):
After logging into Handshake, you will see tabs at the top of the page.
- Select Jobs.
- Select On-Campus Interviews.
- Requesting an interview does not guarantee you will be selected for one.
The Cooper Union Center for Career Development does not endorse or recommend employers, and a job posting does not serve as an endorsement or recommendation. The Career Center works hard to ensure high-quality opportunities for our students and alumni. It is the responsibility of the jobseeker to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for opportunities.