Online Job Boards
HANDSHAKE & GOINGLOBAL JOB/INTERNSHIP BOARDS
Handshake and GoinGlobal are career and employment resources for jobs and internships locally and internationally. In addition, GoinGlobal is an excellent resource for study abroad information.
Handshake is Cooper Union’s online job, internship and recruiting system. Handshake is only accessible to Cooper Union students and alumni. To gain access to the platform, students and alumni must first create an account and have it approved by the Center for Career Development.
Handshake allows students and alumni to:
- Schedule career counseling appointments – see below on how to do so. Here are examples of topics that can be covered during a career counseling appointment.
- Find job and internship opportunities based on your interests.
- Discover when employers will be on campus and register for events and programs – recruiting events are only open to current students.
- Connect with other Cooper Union students or alumni and potential employers.
How to schedule a career counseling appointment on Handshake (students and alumni):
- You will not see any open appointments if you have not completely filled out the Primary Education section of your profile. Fill in your class year, degree type, graduation year, and major. Once updated, log out and log back in to see updated changes.
- On your profile page, click on the top right drop down menu titled Career Center.
- Click Appointments and then click Schedule a New Appointment.
- Choose a Category and then an Appointment Type.
- Select your Appointment Time.
How to request on-campus interviews (current students only):
After logging into Handshake, you will see tabs at the top of the page.
- Select Jobs.
- Select On-Campus Interviews.
- Requesting an interview does not guarantee you will be selected for one.
GoinGlobal is the leading provider of both country-specific and USA city-specific career and employment information. Their unlimited access subscription database features 38 Country Career Guides, 53 City Career Guides for the United States and Canada, corporate profiles and more than 16 million internship and job listings within the USA and around the world.
Use GoinGlobal to:
- Global Job & Internship Search - Job postings are updated daily and give you the ability to search 16 million+ worldwide opportunities in the local language, as well as English.
- H1B Plus - Search H1B visa applications by location, occupation and company name to identify American employers.
- Career Guides - Utilize their comprehensive career and employment resources toolkit filled with everything you need to find jobs and internships locally and internationally.
- Employer Directory - Explore more than 450,000 corporate profiles to target key employers throughout 196 countries.
Network with GoinGlobal on Social Media:
The Cooper Union Center for Career Development does not endorse or recommend employers, and a job posting does not serve as an endorsement or recommendation. The Career Center works hard to ensure high-quality opportunities for our students and alumni. It is the responsibility of the jobseeker to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for opportunities.