Creating a WebAdvisor Account
You will need your Colleague ID number or your Social Security number to log in to WebAdvisor for the first time and create an account. Once created, this account will also work with Student Self-Service.
- Go to the WebAdvisor Homepage. Look for the link that says, "I'm New to Web Advisor," in the lower right hand side, and click it.
- Read the instructions page and click ok.
- You will next be taken to a "What's my User ID?" page. Enter your last name, and your Colleague ID# or your SSN and click "submit."
- You will then be taken to a "Select an e-mail address" page. Take note of your user ID.
- There is a drop-down menu that appears on the right side of the "Select an e-mail address." It will appear empty. Click it and select your @cooper.edu email address. Click the Submit button, and your initial temporary password will be sent to that address. (Ignore the text box on the left of the page.)
- Retrieve your temporary password from your @cooper.edu email account. Copy it.
- Go back to the WebAdvisor homepage and click the "Log In" tab. Enter your User ID and your temporary password.
- You will be asked to create a new password. When entering a new WebAdvisor password, it must contain all of the following or else it will not be allowed:
- At least one upper-case letter
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one numeral
- At least one "special character" (from above the numbers). But the following special characters are not allowed: ';' '\' '?' ':' '@' '&' '=' '<' and '>'
- At least 8 characters
To Use Student Self-Service
After logging in and successfully creating a new password as above, click on the "Student" bar and you will be brought to the WebAdvisor for Student Menu. The rest is fairly self-guided.
If you are having difficulty logging into Web Advisor please see the Web Advisor Login FAQ.