Assistant to the President
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art offers an exceptional opportunity for an intelligent andenergetic individual with strong organizational, communication, computer and interpersonal skills to join the Office of the President. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Administrative Assistant will be working in a fast paced environment providing strong administrative and hospitality support in the daily operations of the President's Office. The Assistant to the President must demonstrate adaptability to changing job requirements as the institution evolves.
- Maintain the President's schedule; respond to all internal and external meeting requests
- Manage the President's travel; Interface with the Office of Development
- Manage follow up communication including individual post-meeting acknowledgements
- Disseminate information to the Presidents Leadership Team and the Academic Leadership Team
- Assist with event planning; collect, prepare and distribute appropriate briefing materials for meetings/events
- Handle and process President's expenses as necessary
- Maintain faculty personnel files in the President's Office
- Handle meeting arrangements and hospitality for the President's Office
- Carry out special projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience working at an institution of higher education
- At least one year of experience in a high level work environment providing administrative support in an office environment.
- Knowledge of standard office software, strong planning and organizational skills, attention to details, meeting deadlines and maintaining confidentiality are essential.