Drawing for Absolute Beginners
Materials for the 1st day: 18x24 paper pad, Eboni pencil, Staedtler eraser
Necessary materials for further classes:
- Prismacolor Ebony pencils
- Hard eraser
- Kneaded eraser
- Black conte crayon or compressed charcoal
- Masking tape or clips to hold paintings to drawing boards
- 18” x 24” paper-- “sketching” quality sufficient; or “drawing” quality if you want nice paper for longer drawings.
- 18” x 24” newsprint paper for very fast and warm-up sketches. Not necessary to buy if you want to use “sketching” or “drawing” quality paper for everything.
- Higgins Waterproof Black Ink (will discuss in class)
- Economy set of synthetic brushes for acrylics (will discuss in class)
- Portable drawing board, 23” x 26”
- Tube or carrying case for drawings.
- Any pencils of varying hardness that you want to try ( 2B, 4B, 6B etc. The softer the pencil, the darker the line)