Observational Drawing: Still Life
4 Wednesday evenings, February 5 – 26, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
In this 4-week course, students draw from objects such as vessels, fabric, furniture, and natural forms. With graphite and charcoal, students learn how to use line, shape, perspective, and value to render form and create dimension. A new drawing is produced in every class, each with a unique subject and composition. Although traditional drawing methods are introduced, students are free to explore their personal style and preferences. This course is for novices with some experience, and those with more experience. Courageous beginners are also welcome.
- 1 pad 18” x 24” white paper drawing (Strathmore or Canson brands)
- 2 kneaded erasers (any brand)
- 1 plastic white eraser (Staedtler brand)
- 1 metal pencil sharpener (Maped brand)
- 2 large binder clips (to hold pad onto drawing board)
- 1 set of drawing pencils including: 6H, 4H, 2H, H, F, HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B (Blick brand)
- 1 pack (set of 4) compressed charcoal (General's brand)
- 1 pack (set of 2) #2B Conte crayon (black only)
Registration for this class opens January 8th.
Course Code: DRA09
Instructor(s): Eric Hibit