Portraiture Workshop Supply List
MODEL FEE $50
Please bring cash or check payable to the instructor to your FIRST CLASS SESSION.
*This fee does not cover the cost of materials listed below.
Materials for the FIRST class session:
• pad of all-purpose sketch paper 16" x 20" or larger (not newsprint)
• compressed charcoal (Many different kinds. Bring whatever you have or what you think you would like to use)
• vine stick charcoal (thick or thin)
• kneaded eraser
• plastic or hard rubber eraser
• sharpeners: single edge razor blade or mat knife, sandpaper
• 1 roll masking or drafting tape
• rigid board with 4 bull clips to provide extra support for your drawing pad. 1/2" foam core is very lightweight and highly recommended
Materials for subsequent classes:
· black waterproof drawing ink
• Brushes: $3.00 bamboo calligraphy brush at least 1/2" in diameter is highly recommended or any others you have on hand.
• chalk pastel, white and two complimentary colors, such as blue and orange or red and green, yellow and purple
• charcoal paper—one sheet of black and one of a middle value such as gray or beige (or purchase a pad of neutral colored charcoal paper)
• pencils (4B and any other pencils that you have)
• sharpeners: small pencil sharpener, single edge razor blade or mat knife, sandpaper
Suggested Art Supply Stores:
Dick Blick, 1-5 Bond Street, 212-533-2444
New York Central 62 3rd Ave. 212-473-7705
*** Some of these stores will give you a student discount if you present your Cooper Union Continuing Education registration receipt.