New Undergraduate Students
We are thrilled that you have chosen to attend Cooper, and we welcome you to the Cooper community. This web page is for incoming undergraduate (first year and transfer) students for Fall 2019.
You will find a timeline below which details specific forms, applications, etc. that must be submitted by their respective deadlines to ensure your enrollment at Cooper. Failure to adhere to these deadlines may result in fees. Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions or concerns at 212-353-4120 or email@example.com. Be sure to check this web page often for updates and additional information.
International Students (do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency) may have additional deadlines and steps to follow. All international students should also review the relevant information about next steps for studying at Cooper.
Page Content Quick Links
- Regular Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet, Fall 2019 (FIRST YEAR)
- Regular Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet, Fall 2019 (TRANSFER)
- Regular Decision Accept/Decline Form
- Citizenship Verification Form
- New Student Health Forms
- Early Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet (Art- Fall 2019 First Year & Transfers)
- Early Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet (Architecture & Engineering)
- Early Decision Acceptance Form
- Citizenship Status Verification Form
- New Student Health Forms
Attend Admitted Students Day
Sunday, April 14th, 2019
REGULAR DECISION COMPLIANCE DEADLINE: MAY 1st, 2019.
Submit online or mail all of the below to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003:
- Regular Decision Acceptance/Decline Form
- Nonrefundable deposit for $1,075. Deposit Payment Options:
- To pay via Credit Card or Debit Card, please visit our online enrollment deposit portal.
- Checks must include the student's name in the memo section and be made payable to The Cooper Union. Please Note: Failure to include the student's name on the check may result in an inability to credit the deposit to the student's account as we will be unable to match the deposit with the admitted student's record.
- To wire your deposit electronically, please use our Flywire service.
- For questions or concerns regarding paying your deposit or setting up a payment plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-353-4154. (See our budget guide).
- Citizenship Status Verification Form (Please note that the information submitted on this form is considered confidential and is used for advising purposes.)
Student Health Insurance
The Cooper Union requires that all students show proof of and maintain healthcare coverage. Students are automatically enrolled in Cooper’s health insurance plan once they are registered for classes. There are limited options to waive the Cooper plan with a comparable plan. More information will be provided soon.
Student Health Forms
DEADLINE: JUNE 3rd, 2019
Students requesting accommodations, academic or otherwise, due to a documented disability, should contact the Dean of Students, Christopher Chamberlin, at email@example.com as soon as possible to begin planning for your needs on campus.
Submit Proof of Graduation
DEADLINE: JULY 15th, 2019
Send your final OFFICIAL transcript from high school or any college. Final transcripts may be submitted via the Common App or mailed directly to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003.
Please Note: All official transcripts must be translated into English with the date of graduation clearly indicated. An official transcript includes a signature from a school official and a school stamp/seal.
More information coming soon. For questions regarding your tuition bill, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• International Students (do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency) are responsible for an additional non-refundable international student fee of $1,005 per semester. The fee will be charged once you are registered for classes, and is due with your tuition bill. Please be advised that all fees are subject to change annually without prior notice.
Admitted students may request to defer their offer of admission for one year. In order to request a deferral, admitted students must complete the Deferral Request Form. The deferral request will be reviewed by the Office of Admissions, and all deferral requests will receive a response to confirm whether the deferral is approved. Please note that submitting the Deferral Request Form does NOT mean that your deferral request has been approved. You will receive a follow up email regarding approval of your request once it has been reviewed.
Reasons for deferring admission may include religious study, cultural immersion, etc. Students may NOT defer in order to matriculate at another degree-granting college or university with the intention of receiving credit at Cooper Union for any courses taken during a deferral. Admitted students whose deferral requests are approved must pay their enrollment deposit by the specified deadline in order to reserve their place at Cooper Union for the following year. A student's admission will not be officially deferred unless and until the enrollment deposit is received.
The exact dates for New Student Orientation will be finalized in early 2019 and will be published as soon as possible. Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
If you are interested in living in the Cooper Union Residence Hall, please read through the Residence Hall FAQ.
The on-campus housing application became available on March 1st, 2019. You should have received an email containing the link to the 2019-2020 Cooper Union Housing Application after your nonrefundable deposit is received and processed. The priority deadline for housing applications is May 10th. Apply now! Please contact Ryan Gambino, Director of Residential Education & Housing, at email@example.com with any housing-related questions.
Attend your First Day of Class
2019-2020 Academic Calendar coming soon!
Stay in Touch
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Get to know your classmates via Facebook
- Check out current student video testimonials
Center for Career Development - 212-353-4377
Office of Admissions - 212-353-4120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Financial Aid - 212-353-4113 or email@example.com
Office of Student Affairs - 212-353-4116
Housing & Residential Education - 212-353-4099 or firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Advisement - 212-353-4192 or email@example.com
Registrar - 212-353-4125
For questions regarding tuition payments or Student Health Insurance, or how to waive your Student Health Insurance, please click here for detailed information.
Please review the following:
International students should also review the additional steps they may need to take to enroll at Cooper.