Admitted Undergraduate Students
In response to the COVID-19 virus we have canceled Admitted Students Day, but we are hosting the following virtual events:
- Monday, April 13, 7 pm EST – Welcome event with School of Architecture Faculty and current students for Architecture admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Tuesday, April 14, 7 pm EST – Panel discussion with Student Life & Financial Aid for all Fall 2020 Cooper Union admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Wednesday, April 15, 6 pm EST – Welcome event with School of Art Dean and Faculty for Art admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Saturday, April 18, 2 pm EST – Welcome session for Civil Engineering admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Saturday, April 18, 3PM EST and Monday, April 20 6PM EST – Welcome session for Chemical Engineering admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Saturday, April 18, 4 pm EST – Welcome session for General Engineering admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Monday, April 20, 5 pm EST – Welcome session for Mechanical Engineering admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Wednesday, April 22, 7 pm EST – Welcome event with Humanities & Social Sciences for all undergraduate admits | Watch the full video recording of the event
- Biomedical Engineering discussion – panel includes Professor Weiser, current Cooper students, and Cooper alumni | Watch the full video recording
- Wednesday, May 6, 11 am EST – International student Q&A | Watch the full video recording
- Welcome session for Civil Engineering admits | Check out the presentation
Welcome to The Cooper Union! Please Share your Admitted Student news! #CUfall2020
Let us help you make one of the most important decisions about your future. All the information and resources that you will need to make your transition into the Cooper Union Community can be located here. This web page is for incoming undergraduate (first year and transfer) students for Fall 2020.
Below you will find a checklist and timeline along with specific forms, applications, etc. that must be submitted by their respective deadlines to ensure your enrollment at The Cooper Union. Failure to adhere to these deadlines may result in fees and other serious consequences so please review carefully and contact our office with any questions, 212-353-4120 or email@example.com.
International Students (students that do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency) may have additional deadlines and steps to follow. All international students should also review the relevant information about the next steps.
- Early Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet (Art & Arch - First Year & Transfer)
- Early Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet (Engineering)
- Early Decision Acceptance Form
- Citizenship Verification Form
- Admitted Student Health Form
- Regular Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet (First Year)
- Regular Decision Compliance Instruction Sheet (Transfer)
- Regular Decision Accept/Decline Form
- Citizenship Verification Form
- Admitted Student Health Form
For information on scholarships and grants opportunities visit here.
REGULAR DECISION COMPLIANCE DEADLINE: MAY 15, 2020.
Submit online all of the below to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003:
- Regular Decision Acceptance/Decline Form
- Nonrefundable deposit (refundable for Fall 2020, until August 1, 2020) for $1,135. Deposit Payment Options:
- Recommended method of payment is online check payment. If you do not have an U.S. bank account, we also accept credit and debit cards. Please use our online enrollment deposit portal to make your deposit.
- For International Students, you may also use Flywire service to make your deposit.
- For questions or concerns regarding paying your deposit or setting up a payment plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-353-4396. (See our budget guide).
- Citizenship Verification Form (Please note that the information submitted on this form is considered confidential and is used for advising purposes.)
Student Health Insurance
The Cooper Union requires that all students show proof of and maintain healthcare coverage. Students are automatically enrolled in Cooper’s health insurance plan once they are registered for classes. There are limited options to waive the Cooper plan with a comparable plan. For more information on Student Health Insurance, or how to waive your Student Health Insurance, please click here.
Student Health Forms
DEADLINE: JUNE 5, 2020
Student Health Form are required by law and must be returned to The Cooper Union on time. For questions regarding the health forms, please contact Eric Conley at email@example.com or 212-353-4116.
Students requesting accommodations, academic or otherwise, due to a documented disability, should contact the Dean of Students, Christopher Chamberlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to begin planning for your needs on campus.
Submit Proof of Graduation
DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2020
Send your final OFFICIAL transcript from high school or any college. Final transcripts may be submitted via the Common App or mailed directly to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003.
Please Note: All official transcripts must be translated into English with the date of graduation clearly indicated. An official transcript includes a signature from a school official and a school stamp/seal.
More information coming soon. For questions regarding your tuition bill, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at email@example.com.
• International Students (do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency) are responsible for an additional non-refundable international student fee of $1,005 per semester. The fee will be charged once you are registered for classes, and is due with your tuition bill. Please be advised that all fees are subject to change annually without prior notice.
Please note, our deadline for requesting a deferral has passed. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your circumstances despite the missed deadline, please reach out to the admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admitted students may request to defer their offer of admission for one year. Each deferral request will be reviewed by the Office of Admissions and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Submission of a deferral request does not mean that your deferral request has been approved. You will receive a follow-up email regarding the approval or denial of your request once it has been thoroughly reviewed.
The Cooper Union considers the totality of the class in each program when admitting students. The class size and collaborative nature of the pedagogy demands this type of nuanced calculation. For that reason, deferral requests are carefully reviewed.
- Students may not defer in order to matriculate at another degree-granting college or university with the intention of receiving credit at The Cooper Union for any courses taken during the deferral.
- Admitted students whose deferral requests are approved must pay their nonrefundable enrollment deposit by May 15, 2020 in order to reserve their place at The Cooper Union for Fall 2021.
- A student's admission will not be officially deferred until the enrollment deposit is received.
- A student’s award package may not remain the same and will be recalculated when the financial aid application is resubmitted.
Orientation is mandatory for all new students. Fall 2020 dates will be posted in the spring.
If you are interested in living in the Cooper Union Residence Hall, please read through the Residence Hall FAQ.
The on-campus housing application is open as of March 1, 2020. Applications are due by 5 pm, Friday, May 8, 2020. Any applicants who apply after May 8, 2020 will be automatically placed on the waitlist. Please email email@example.com with any housing-related questions.
Attend your First Day of Class
Be sure to check our online Summer course offerings—Summer with Cooper!
Stay in Touch
Center for Career Development: 212-353-4377
Office of Admissions: 212-353-4120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Financial Aid: 212-353-4113 or email@example.com
Office of Student Affairs: 212-353-4116
Housing & Residential Education: 212-353-4099 or firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Advisement: 212-353-4192 or email@example.com
Please review the following: