Admitted Graduate Students
Our campus is closed and all events canceled in response to the COVID-19 virus. However, we are still available so please do not hesitate to be in touch with any questions: email@example.com.
Welcome to The Cooper Union!
Congratulations on your admission to The Cooper Union as a graduate student! We are thrilled that you have chosen to attend Cooper, and we welcome you to the Cooper community. This web page is for incoming graduate students for Fall 2020.
Below you will find a checklist and timeline along with specific forms, applications, etc. that must be submitted by their respective deadlines to ensure your enrollment at The Cooper Union. Failure to adhere to these deadlines may result in fees and other serious consequences so please review carefully and contact our office with any questions, 212-353-4120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 15, 2020 Graduate Architecture Student and Faculty Roundtable posted here.
- Master of Science in Architecture Instruction Sheet
- Master of Engineering Instruction Sheet
- Graduate Acceptance/Decline Form
- Citizenship Verification Form
- Admitted Student Health Form
Submit your Deposit
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ARCHITECTURE COMPLIANCE DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2020.
MASTER OF ENGINEERING COMPLIANCE DEADLINE: July 1, 2020
Submit online or mail all of the below to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003:
Accept or decline your offer of admissions using our Graduate Acceptance/Decline Form
Nonrefundable deposit (refundable for Fall 2020, until August 1, 2020) for $1,385. Deposit Payment Options:
- Recommended method of payment is online check payment. If you do not have an U.S. bank account, we also accept credit and debit cards. Please use our online enrollment deposit portal to make your deposit.
For International Students, you may also use Flywire service to make your deposit.
Citizenship Verification Form (Please note that the information submitted on this form is considered confidential and is used for advising purposes.)
Student Health Insurance
The Cooper Union requires that all students show proof of and maintain healthcare coverage. Students are automatically enrolled in Cooper’s health insurance plan once they are registered for classes. There are limited options to waive the Cooper plan with a comparable plan. More information will be provided soon.
Student Health Forms
DEADLINE: JUNE 5, 2020
Student Health Form are required by law and must be returned to The Cooper Union on time. For questions regarding the health forms, please contact Eric Conley at email@example.com or 212-353-4116.
Students requesting accommodations, academic or otherwise, due to a documented disability, should contact the Dean of Students, Christopher Chamberlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to begin planning for your needs on campus.
Pay Your Tuition Bill
DEADLINE: AUGUST 5, 2020
More information will be coming soon. For questions regarding your tuition bill, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at email@example.com.
• International Students (do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency) are responsible for an additional non-refundable international student fee of $1,005 per semester. The fee will be charged once you are registered for classes, and is due with your tuition bill. Please be advised that all fees are subject to change annually without prior notice.
Deferral Request (only applicable to Master of Engineering)
Please note, our deadline for requesting a deferral has passed. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your circumstances despite the missed deadline, please reach out to the admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admitted students may request to defer their offer of admission for one year. Each deferral request will be reviewed by the Office of Admissions and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Submission of a deferral request does not mean that your deferral request has been approved. You will receive a follow-up email regarding the approval or denial of your request once it has been thoroughly reviewed.
The Cooper Union considers the totality of the class in each program when admitting students. The class size and collaborative nature of the pedagogy demands this type of nuanced calculation. For that reason, deferral requests are carefully reviewed.
- Students may not defer in order to matriculate at another degree-granting college or university with the intention of receiving credit at The Cooper Union for any courses taken during the deferral.
- Admitted students whose deferral requests are approved must pay their nonrefundable enrollment deposit by July 1, 2020 in order to reserve their place at The Cooper Union for Fall 2021.
- A student's admission will not be officially deferred until the enrollment deposit is received.
- A student’s award package may not remain the same and will be recalculated when the financial aid application is resubmitted.
Attend your First Day of Class
Stay in Touch
Additional Resources and Contact Information
Office of Admissions: 212-353-4120 or email@example.com
Office of Financial Aid: 212-353-4113 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Student Affairs: 212-353-4116
International Student Advisement: 212-353-4192 or email@example.com
Center for Career Development: 212-353-4377
For questions regarding tuition payments, Student Health Insurance, or to waive your Student Health Insurance, please contact the Student Account Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-353-4396.
Please review the following: