Drawing and Painting on Location
For this class the latest weather report is essential. Students will get an email by noon the day before each class of exact location and supplies needed for that day.
For first class please bring the following supplies:
- Black charcoal sticks (many different kinds, bring what you have and like )
- Vine stick charcoal (also called willow charcoal)
- Kneaded eraser and hard rubber or plastic eraser
- A mat knife, exacto knife or single edge blade for cutting eraser
- Large all purpose drawing pad (NOT NEWSPRINT) about 16”x24”
- 2 large bull clips and a light weight foam core (1/2”) board to clip your drawing pad to (highly recommended)
- A lightweight portable stool is desirable but not required
Supplies to have on hand for subsequent classes:
- Individual sheets of charcoal paper; black, middle value such as beige, gray, pale blue, or pink, etc.
- black drawing ink (or color of your choice)
- inexpensive bamboo round brush (about 1/2" in diameter)
- Pencils: 4B and any other pencils that you have.
- Small drawing pad (about 9" x11" or whatever you are comfortable with)
- Pencils: 4B and any other pencils that you have
**Water media paints and color media options will be discussed at first meeting.
See our list of art supply vendors