Registration Status: This course is no longer being offered
Session Dates: October 03, 2017 - December 05, 2017
This class is no longer offered during this period.
Open to artists at all level, this course explores the social dimensions of art making through collaboration. Each week the group will work on large-scale drawings and gradually transform into a unified creative ensemble. Like musicians, we will practice together, learn to respond to one another, and hone our craft as a team. Collaborative art making offers several unique benefits for those seeking to nurture and develop their creativity:
- Working with others lowers the stakes and makes for a highly playful experience
- Working with others leads to exciting and surprising outcomes that can open up new creative avenues for participants to explore.
- Working with others actually helps us better understand ourselves; how we think, work and solve creative problems.
In addition to full-group exercises, participants will also collaborate on smaller projects in pairs and triads. The goal of this 10-week course is to work intuitively, expressively and experience art making as a communal effort.
Material for first class:
- 5-10 Brushes in variety of sizes and shapes (to be used with ink.)
- A plastic cup or bowl for water.
Materials for Subsequent classes:
- As the course progresses students will work in a variety of drawing mediums and will choose what materials they wish to bring in. We will discuss this further in class.
Meets Weekly: Tuesdays 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Students MUST enroll 5 business days prior to the course start date, The final day to register is Oct. 5th., students enrolling after this date will pay a $15 late fee.
Course Code: 147880
Instructor(s): Saul Chernick