Drawing for Absolute Beginners
- A few Prismacolor Ebony pencils
- Hard eraser
- Kneaded eraser
- Black conte crayon or compressed charcoal
- White conte crayon or compressed charcoal
- Masking tape
- Vine charcoal
- 18” x 24” paper-- “sketching” quality sufficient; or “drawing” quality if you want nice paper for longer drawings.
- 18” x 24” newsprint paper for very fast and warm-up sketches
- 18” x 24” Strathmore charcoal paper, with label “ASSORTED TINTS” (this paper comes in colors and can be used in lieu of toning the paper yourself for a gray or mid-toned background) You will only need a handful of sheets, so you could split this with other students. Sold at Blick.
- Paper towels or chamois for toning paper
- Black india ink and brush
- Portable drawing board, 23” x 26”
- Tube or carrying case for drawings.
- Any pencils of varying hardness that you want to try (2H, F, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B etc. The softer the pencil, the darker the line.)
*Additional materials for subsequent classes will be discussed during the first class.