Summer Writing Program
Ready for college, but not for college writing?
Here’s a course that will give you the crucial tools you need.
Cooper Union’s three-week writing course prepares you to write at the college level. It offers a unique opportunity to learn and practice the critical reading and writing skills you need to succeed in the college classroom. When college starts, you’ll be ready.
What to expect:
- Individualized attention and feedback
- Techniques and approaches that make writing more productive
- Methods to move past the five-paragraph essay
- Lots of in-class writing time
- Experienced, enthusiastic teachers
- A supportive and rigorous environment
- A strong foundation for college
|Start / End Dates||July 7 - July 24, 2014||July 7 - July 24, 2014|
|Weekly||Mondays to Thursdays||Mondays to Thursdays|
|Daily Schedule||Two hours in the morning and two in the afternoon*||Real-time class meets 2-4 EST|
|Class Size||maximum of 12 students||maximum of 10 students|
|Instruction||experienced college instructors||experienced college instructors|
|Deposit of $500||due June 1||due June 1|
|Full Payment**||due June 15||due June 15|
* Classes meet for two hours in the morning and two in the afternoon, with an hour lunch break. Typical schedules are 10:00-12:00 and 1:00-3:00 or 11:00-1:00 and 2:00-4:00
**Pay in full by June 1st to receive a 10% tuition reduction.
To sign up, fill out the registration form and return it, along with the $500 deposit payable by check, money order or credit card, by June 1st.