Fundraising for Fiscal Year 2014 Ahead of Schedule
January 22, 2014
Fundraising for the FY14 campaign year is on track to exceed last year’s $10 million cash total. For the Annual Fund, cash receipts as of January 22, 2014, total $1.6 million, roughly 12 percent higher than at the same time a year ago. Other private giving has reached $6.4 million, for a grand total of $8 million at the midpoint of the fiscal year.
In addition, The Cooper Union has received several major gifts thus far:
- $2.4 million, the first distribution of an estate gift from Howard Betts (ME’49)
- $1 million, representing a distribution from the estate of Elaine Flug (father: Isaac Allen [Ar’24])
- $1 million from Martin Trust (ME’56)
- $150,000 grant from the Jacques and Natasha Gelman Trust
- $100,000 gift from Kevin Burke (EE’72).
“We are fortunate to have alumni and friends who actively support The Cooper Union, its faculty and students,” said President Jamshed Bharucha. “Their philanthropy is crucially important at this moment in our history, as it expresses their trust in our ability as an academic community to meet and exceed the challenges of our time.”