Applying to Cooper Union
Application Information and Instructions
Please Note: The Fall 2016 undergraduate application is now available!
Non-Matriculating Student Programs
- The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture: Non-Matriculating (Visiting) Student
- The School of Art: Exchange and Mobility
The Cooper Union uses the Common Application as its undergraduate application. The Office of Admissions treats every application in the same manner, whether it is submitted electronically or on paper.
Early Decision for Fall 2016 Applications
- School of Art: December 1, 2015*
- School of Engineering: December 1, 2015
Regular Decision for Fall 2016 Applications
- School of Architecture: January 11, 2016
- School of Art: January 11, 2016*
- School of Engineering: January 11, 2016
*Transfer applicants to the School of Art may apply Early Decision. On the Common Application, you will first need to select 'Regular Decision' for your Decision Plan. After you make this selection and indicate that you are applying to the School of Art, a question will generate asking if you would like to apply Early Decision as a transfer student. To apply Early Decision to the School of Art as a transfer student, you will select 'Yes' and follow the subsequent prompts. Please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-353-4120 with any questions or concerns.
**Home Test & Studio Test: Regular Decision applicants to the School of Architecture and/or School of Art will be sent a studio test or home test, respectively, in January. Early Decision applicants to the School of Art will receive a home test in December. This must be completed within one month of receipt. The home test and studio test will be sent to all applicants via email on the same day after the online application deadline.
Please Note: The Fall 2016 graduate applications will be available in September.
- Master of Architecture II: March 2, 2016
- Master of Engineering: April 1, 2016 (for full time study)
- Master of Engineering: May 6, 2016 (for part time study)