Technical Assistant - Painting/Drawing
Posted On: May 04, 2016
Hours: Part Time
Hours: 28 hrs/wk (Mon+ Tue: 10AM-6PM)(SAT + SUN 12PM-8PM)
Academic Year: Sept 2016 - May 2017
Technical Support to Students:
• Help students find solutions to technical questions in Painting and Drawing.
• Facilitate checkout and return of tools and equipment
• Facilitate sale of supplies for purchase and make free items available
• Monitor and inform students regarding safe use and storage of materials
• Keep an inventory of materials used in studios and update MSDS binders
• Provide support to senior shows including lighting, tool check-out and the genie lift.
Support to Faculty and Classrooms:
• Insure classroom accessibility and have supplies available for critiques.
• Make equipment available for models and allow access to prop room.
• Check out AV equipment for class presentations.
• Contact students, post critique schedules and sign-up sheets.
• Maintain the classrooms and studios in safe and working order.
Make sure classrooms are clean and furniture organized at end of day.
• Repair classroom and studio furniture as needed.
As a technician, this position may be required to participate in a number of safety-related activities such as: attending courses/receiving certification in First Aid/CPR and OSHA/HAZMAT regulations; providing information required by the EPA and other government agencies relating to hazardous material present in your laboratory; may also be required to obtain a “Certificate of Fitness” for lab operation through examination by the NYC Fire Department.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with students, faculty and staff
Knowledge of different artistic media and knowledge of art studio environment, materials and techniques.
Flexible and diplomatic team player
Experience with guiding students a plus
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit application to:
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate job title in subject line.)