Posted On: January 18, 2018
Hours: Full Time
Development and Alumni Affairs
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
This position facilitates the acquisition of grant funds from external, public, and private agencies in support of Cooper Union’s strategic priorities to advance ongoing and new initiatives, and is responsible for a broad range of activities that relate to research funding. This position is responsible for coordinating the Institution’s internal process for grant development including the pre-award planning, organization, preparation, budget review, submission, as well as the post-award administration of various grants, including the narrative and financial reporting, of a multifaceted academic institution.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Manages and oversees grants development for the Institution.
- Develops and writes grants proposals and reports.
- Play a proactive role in facilitating the grant preparation and submission processes
- Coordinates organizational meetings with faculty/staff to discuss guidelines, projects, program goals and data, and assist in writing sections of proposals and reports.
- Conducts grant research to identify appropriate grant opportunities and potential funding sources in support of the Institution and faculty. This includes reading RFPs, reviewing federal and state grant guidelines, legislative agendas, grant publications and other resources.
- Develops, edits, and disseminates summaries of funding opportunities to the Cooper community
- Develops and cultivates relationships with program officers from funding agencies and the private industry to increase institutional capacity to secure funding.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes information and data necessary for grants and reports. Develops outlines, timelines, staffing, budgets, and Institution templates for grant proposals according to funding guidelines.
- Develops and maintains policy guidelines and grants management procedures. Advises faculty and staff to insure that grant funds are maximized and that funds awarded are spent in accordance with the guidelines provided by the funding source. Works closely with the Business Office to ensure budget guidelines are in place for grants administration.
- Maintains necessary records, files, reports, databases, and resource materials pertinent to grant activities. Works with staff and faculty to assure that files and records of grant funded projects are kept meeting all private, federal, state and local guidelines.
- Drafts contracts for collaborative grant and research projects.
- Drafts correspondence and performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and VP Development and Alumni Affairs
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three to five years of experience in higher education grants management. Experience and/or certification in NSF proposal development, grant research and management, budgeting, statistical analysis, government regulations is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of grant development and administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency using databases and Microsoft Excel
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org