Senior Speech Contest
We are happy to announce the guidelines and details of the 2017 Commencement Senior Speech Contest. The Senior Speech Contest is open to all undergraduate students that will be graduating during the 2017 Commencement ceremony. If you would like to participate in the Senior Speech Contest, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The deadline for submitting draft speeches is 5pm, Friday, March 24, 2017. Speeches must be emailed to Lisa Ng at email@example.com.
- Speeches must be between 800 and 1,000 words in length.
- Speeches must be relevant and appropriate for Commencement.
- Contestants must be a candidate for an undergraduate degree in May of the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Finalists must present their speeches before a panel of judges, in the Great Hall, 5pm, Friday, April 7, 2017.
- The contest winner must present their speech at the 2017 Commencement ceremony.
- The speech delivered at Commencement must be the same speech that was delivered during the Senior Speech Contest, both in content and presentation. The contest winner will have an opportunity work with the Writing Center to refine and edit their speech, but in the spirit of fairness and respect for other contestants, the final speech must not substantially deviate from the speech delivered before the jury of judges.
If you have any questions about the Senior Speech Contest, please contact Lisa Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-353-4116. Thank you for your interest in this important commencement tradition. Best of luck to all contestants!