Albert Nerken School of Engineering Registration Instructions
First year students (not transfers) will be advised by Professor Lent (room 814, 41 Cooper Square). Other ChE, CE, and ME students are advised by an Academic Advisor selected by their department. EE students are free to choose any full-time EE professor as their advisor. BSE students should visit the Engineering Dean’s Office for program advisement and approval. Transfer students should seek advisement from their department chair. Please consult the departmental notice boards (4th floor, 41 CS, in front of Frankie’s Kitchen) for a list of advisors or consult the department secretaries below:
- Civil and Mechanical Engineering -- Mrs. Jimenez Room 409
- Chemical & Electrical Engineering -- Ms. Leon Room 409
ChE – Professor Okorafor (Room 553)
CE – Professor Guido (Room 519)
EE – Professor Fontaine (Room 620)
ME – Professor Baglione (Room 721)
You must make an appointment to see your advisor in person for approval of your program and discussions of options as necessary. See your advisor early. Don’t wait until the last minute! Only your advisor is allowed online access to your program for approval.
1. Freshmen: you will be pre-registered by the administration. You must still consult with Professor Lent for approval of your Spring 2018 schedule. Requests to register for course credits above the standard load and overloads will be handled only during the add/drop period in the Spring 2018 semester.
2. Attempts to register for more than 21 credits will be automatically rejected unless they have the approval of both your faculty advisor and the Dean.
3. Overload requests by students with cumulative G.P.A.’s of less than 3.0 are not permitted.
4. ADD/DROPS will not be accepted before the first day of classes for the Spring semester.
6. For math courses you must register by your major.