Albert Nerken School of Engineering Registration Instructions
First year students (not transfers) will be advised by Dean Savizky (room 413, 41 Cooper Square). Sophomore, junior and senior students in ChE, CE, and ME are advised by an Academic Advisor selected by their department while EE students may choose any full-time EE professor as their advisor. BSE students will be advised by Dean Savizky. Transfer students should seek advisement from their department chair. Please consult the departmental notice boards (4th floor, 41 CS, in front of Frankie’s Kitchen) for a list of advisors or consult the department secretaries below:
- Civil and Mechanical Engineering -- Mrs. Jimenez Room 409
- Chemical & Electrical Engineering -- Ms. Leon Room 409
ChE – Professor Okorafor (Room 553)
CE – Professor Guido (Room 519)
EE – Professor Fontaine (Room 620)
ME – Professor Baglione (Room 721)
You must make an appointment to see your advisor in person for approval of your program and discussions of options as necessary. See your advisor early. Don’t wait until the last minute! Only your advisor is allowed online access to your program for approval.
1. Freshmen: you will be pre-registered by the administration. You must still consult with Dean Savizky for approval of your Spring 2019 schedule. The registrar’s office will register you for all your required courses (including HSS2), but you must still consult with Dean Savizky for any changes to your schedule, such as adding electives or making changes to your course schedules.
2. Attempts to register for more than 21 credits will be automatically rejected unless they have the approval of both your faculty advisor and the Dean.
3. Overload requests by students with cumulative G.P.A.’s of less than 3.0 are not permitted.
4. ADD/DROPS will not be accepted before the first day of classes for the Spring semester.
6. For math courses you must register by your major: sections C, E, K, M or S for civil, electrical, chemical, mechanical or BSE students, respectively.