Albert Nerken School of Engineering Registration Instructions
Prior to registration all students must make an appointment to see their advisor in person for program approval and discussions of options as necessary. See your advisor early. Don’t wait until the last minute! Only your advisor is allowed access to your program for approval.
Incoming first year students (not transfers) will be advised by Professor Lent in room 814, 41 Cooper Square. ChE, CE, and ME students are advised by an Academic Advisor selected by their department. EE students are free to choose any full-time EE professor. Transfer students should seek advisement from their department chair. Please consult the departmental notice boards (4th floor, 41 CS, in front of Frankie’s Kitchen) for a list of advisors or consult the department secretaries below:
- Civil and Mechanical Engineering: Mrs. Jimenez Room 719
- Electrical Engineering: Ms. Deol Room 618
- Chemical Engineering: Ms. Leon Room 412
ChE – Professor Stock (Room 422)
CE – Professor Ahmad (Room 519)
EE – Professor Fontaine (Room 620)
ME – Professor Wei (Room 721)
1. Freshmen: register for no more than the standard load for your major during registration period. Credit requests above this limit and overloads will be handled only during the add/drop period in the respective semester.
2. Attempts at registration for more than 21 credits will be automatically rejected unless they have the approval of your faculty advisor and the Dean.
3. Overload requests by students with cumulative G.P.A.’s of less than 3.0 are not permitted.
4. ADD/DROPS will not be accepted before the first day of classes for the Spring 2015 semester.
5. The section on the Albert Nerken School of Engineering in the course catalog contains all the details of standard programs, academic regulations and scholastic standards.
Physics 214 – register by your major.