Albert Nerken School of Engineering Registration Instructions
Current First Year Students
All first‐year students will be advised by an Academic Advisor in their department. In Electrical Engineering, all full‐time faculty members can advise EE students. All others please consult the departmental notice boards outside secretary offices for a list of advisors. BSE students must see their assigned advisor(s) or Acting Dean Stock.
The departmental secretaries and their rooms are as follows:
- Civil and Mechanical Engineering: Mrs. Jimenez Room 422
- Electrical Engineering: Ms. Deol Room 618
- Chemical Engineering: Ms. Leon Room 412
You MUST schedule an in‐person appointment to see your advisor for approval of your program before registration. Your advisor will post extra office hours for this purpose. It is your responsibility to make this appointment.
Current Sophomores Through Graduate Students
Please define your educational plan before scheduling an appointment with your faculty advisor. If you do not know who your advisor is, consult with your department chair or secretary. Your advisor can only approve your plan after this meeting.
See your advisor early. Don’t wait until the last minute!
1. Attempts to register for more than 21.5 credits will be automatically rejected. If your advisor approves this overload, he or she must make an email request to Acting Dean Stock. Overload requests will only be considered if your cumulative GPA is greater than 3.0.
2. Please refer to page 22 of the catalog (General Regulations) for additional information regarding registration, attendance, etc. The section on the Albert Nerken School of Engineering contains all the details of standard programs, academic regulations and scholastic standards.
3. ADD/DROPS will not be accepted before the first day of classes for the Fall 2016 semester. The ADD/DROP period nominally ends after the first week of classes meet and when all classes have met at least once.
4. The Engineering faculty have recently re-numbered many courses. For guidance, please refer to the spreadsheet, emailed to all Engineereing students, listing old and new courses.