Welcome to The Cooper Union!
Congratulations on your admission to The Cooper Union as a graduate student! We are thrilled that you have chosen to attend Cooper, and we welcome you to the Cooper community. This web page is for incoming graduate students for Fall 2017.
You will find a timeline below which details specific forms, applications, etc. that must be submitted by their respective deadlines to ensure your registration. Failure to adhere to these deadlines may result in fines. Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions or concerns at 212-353-4120 or email@example.com. Be sure to check this web page often for updates and additional information.
New Graduate Student Forms
- Master of Architecture II Instruction Sheet
- Master of Engineering Instruction Sheet
- Acceptance/Decline of Acceptance Form
- Citizenship Status Verification Form
- New Student Health Forms
Submit your Deposit
MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE II COMPLIANCE DEADLINE: APRIL 25TH
MASTER OF ENGINEERING (FULL TIME) COMPLIANCE DEADLINE: MAY 9TH
Submit online or mail all of the below to Office of Admissions, 30 Cooper Square, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003:
- Accept or decline your offer of admission by emailing Dean Lipton at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the Acceptance/Decline of Acceptance Form.
- Nonrefundable deposit for $1,175. Checks should be made payable to The Cooper Union. If you would like to pay your deposit by credit card, please call the Business Office at 212-353-4141 or email email@example.com. You can pay by wire transfer online using Flywire. (See our budget guide)
- Citizenship Status Verification Form (Please Note: If you attended Cooper Union as an undergraduate, then you do not need to resubmit the citizenship form.)
Student Health Insurance
The Cooper Union requires that all students show proof of and maintain healthcare coverage. International students are required to purchase The Cooper Union Student Health Insurance. You will receive details about this in June. In the meantime, you may view details at cirstudenthealth.com/cooper. We estimate the health insurance cost at $1,500. Note that all students must be covered by health insurance before attending class in the fall.
Student Health Forms
DEADLINE: JULY 1ST
Students requesting accommodations, academic or otherwise, due to a documented disability, should contact the Dean of Students, Christopher Chamberlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to begin planning for your needs on campus.
International Student Fee (If Applicable)
DEADLINE: AUGUST 15TH
If you are an International Student – neither a citizen nor a permanent resident – you are required to pay an additional International Student Fee of $1,005 per semester to be paid prior to August 15, 2016. The annual International Fee is $2,010 and the second installment of $1,005 will be billed to you in late fall.
Attend your First Day of Class
Fall semester courses begin Tuesday, September 6, 2016. Click here for the 2016-2017 Academic Calendar.
Stay in Touch
Additional Resources and Contact Information
Office of Admissions - 212-353-4120 or email@example.com
Office of Financial Aid - 212-353-4113 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Student Affairs - 212-353-4116
Center for Career Development - 212-353-4377
Registrar - 212-353-4125
For questions regarding tuition payments or to waive your Student Health Insurance, please contact the Student Account Managers at email@example.com, 212-353-4154 or 212-353-4396.
For questions regarding health forms and Student Health Insurance, please contact Lisa Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-353-4116.
Please review the following: