Application and Enrollment
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2017 semester.
To be considered for the program applicants must
- Be born outside of the United States
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher and professional experience in the field of engineering, information technology, or a related field from the country of origin
- Have lived in the U.S. less than five full years. (Exceptions for those in the U.S. more than five years may be made on a case-by-case basis)
- Be unemployed, underemployed, or working in a field not related to your education
- Have intermediate+ English fluency
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Be highly motivated to pursue professional job search
Please call Sangita Shrestha at 718.226.0437 if you have any additional questions about the program or to determine your eligibility.
Registration and Enrollment
Accepted applicants will be invited for registration in person at our Brooklyn Office.
On the date of your appointment, please bring the following:
- Documents establishing your eligibility to work in the United States (for example: White card (I-94), work authorization, green card, or US passport);
- Social Security card;
- Medicaid, Benefit Card, or proof of receiving unemployment insurance, if applicable;
- University Diploma.
Registration fee of $50.00 should be paid to “The Cooper Union” by check or money order at the time of your registration appointment.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Registrants will be seen by appointment only.
The Cooper Union Retraining Program for Immigrant Engineers @ CAMBA
2244 Church Ave., 4th floor
Brooklyn NY 11226
Take B, Q, 2 or 5 trains to the Church Avenue subway station. We are between Flatbush and Bedford Avenues.