Writing Fellows (for Faculty)
The Cooper Union Writing Fellows Program is a service of the Center for Writing which supports professors teaching writing-intensive courses across the curriculum. The Fellow’s job is to support faculty in integrating reading, writing, speaking and listening pedagogy into classroom work and assignments.
Writing Fellows are assigned to faculty members by request.
- Offer support and feedback on assignments, grading and other writing-related pedagogical issues
- Provide support on writing-intensive classroom activities led by the faculty member
- Lead in-class workshops on writing and presentation issues
- Consult with faculty members, at faculty request, about questions regarding writing and speaking aims, assignments, progressions, use of Moodle for writing-pedagogy aims, etc.
- Are available by request to consult on grading issues, including what to mark, focusing feedback, range of grades, working with ESL students and students with learning differences, etc. Writing Fellows will not, however, grade papers or otherwise serve as teaching assistants.
Please speak to Gwen Hyman, Director of the Center for Writing, if you would like to work with a Fellow.